2022 Summer Legal Intern Program
The Summer Legal Intern program is a volunteer internship position at the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office open to 2L students only. The program provides invaluable experience to law students interested in the field of criminal law. Summer Legal Interns work closely with Deputy District Attorneys in all phases of prosecution. Interns draft motions, conduct legal research, and appear in court on the record with a supervising attorney.
The Office has welcomed Summer Legal Interns from dozens of different law schools from all across the nation. We hope to continue to attract dedicated, diverse, and passionate law students who aspire to pursue a career in criminal prosecution.
The requirements for the Summer Legal Intern position are as follows:
- 2L status and completion of Evidence and Civil Procedure Courses
- Resume - Please iclude your GPA in your resume
- Cover letter and unofficial transcript
- Must be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Grade Point Average of 3.0
- Subject to background clearance
- If you have worked for our Office before, please include in your application the names of any supervisors to whom you have previously been assigned or other DDAs who can speak to your work.
Employment in this position is a minimum of 10 weeks, starting in mid-to-late May 2022 and ending in mid-to-late August 2022.
Please coordinate with your respective law school about any potential funding available through your institution for these volunteer positions. Some law schools also provide school credit for participation in our Summer Legal Internship program.
To apply for the Summer Legal Intern position, please submit a (1) Resume, (2) Cover Letter, and (3) Official or Unofficial Transcript. Please submit the materials as a SINGLE PDF through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications are due September 17, 2021. Interviews will take place remotely via Zoom/MS Teams videoconference in late-September.
Cover letters addressed to:
SDCDA Recruiting Team
Office of the District Attorney
330 W. Broadway, Suite 1220
San Diego, CA 92101