Bureau of Investigation
Process Server Jobs
The San Diego County District Attorney's Office is continuously seeking motivated and team-oriented individuals to work as Process Servers. San Diego County is located in beautiful Southern California and is home to magnificent beaches and family attractions. The San Diego Zoo, Sea World and excellent educational institutions are within minutes of the Pacific Ocean. The District Attorney's Office serves over three million citizens spread over 4,500 square miles.
Process Servers are allocated only to the Office of the District Attorney. Incumbents in this position directly and indirectly support the District Attorney's investigations; serve civil and/or criminal process including subpoenas, summonses, and notices throughout the County to witnesses; assist District Attorney Investigators and other personnel with non-enforcement duties; utilize law enforcement computer systems for identifying and locating persons, and verify criminal history; conduct lower-end investigations and interviews in locating and identifying persons to be served; and may provide information over the phone to the public and other law enforcement agencies. Learn more about the job classification details.
Qualified applicants for Process Server must possess:
- Possess a high school diploma or have passed the General Education Development Test (GED); AND
- Be a United States citizen; AND,
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of appointment; AND
- Possess and maintain a valid California class C driver's license throughout employment.
Salary and Benefits
- Pay Range: $1192 - $1448 biweekly
- Health Insurance: Health, Pharmacy, Dental, and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Insurance: County paid basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental Insurance: Employee option for supplemental life and AD&D insurance
- Paid Leaves: 10 days vacation; 11 holidays; 2 floating holidays; 13 days sick leave
- Retirement: County Tier A retirement
- Options: Exclusive use of a County vehicle; emergency equipment; overtime; bilingual pay
- Openings may be announced in the fall of 2007.
- Check for the Process Server job announcement at the County of San Diego web site
- See SAMPLE Process Server Application
To contact us for additional information and questions or to be added to a notification list, e-mail us at
Process Server Jobs.