Bureau of Investigation
District Attorney Investigator Jobs
The San Diego County District Attorney's Office is continuously seeking experienced and qualified investigators to fill the position of District Attorney Investigator and Public Assistance Investigator. San Diego County is located in beautiful Southern California and is home to magnificent beaches and family attractions. The San Diego Zoo, Sea World and excellent educational institutions are within minutes of the Pacific Ocean. The District Attorney's Office serves over three million citizens spread over 4,500 square miles.
District Attorney Investigator I is the entry-level class of the five-level District Attorney Investigator class series. Incumbents are sworn peace officers with law enforcement duties which include routine investigations on a wide variety of criminal and civil matters. The Bureau of Investigation is responsible for both proactive and reactive law enforcement duties. Assignments may include: pre-trial support; gang investigations; economic, insurance and public assistance fraud investigations; family protection (which includes domestic/child/elder abuse and child abduction); witness protection team; and special operations. Investigators may be assigned to regional local, state and federal task forces such as: computer and high tech crimes; narcotics; auto theft; identity theft and fraud. Investigators regularly participate in a dynamic and realistic firearms training program including applications in witness protection and extradition settings. Job locations include the downtown Hall of Justice as well as branch offices in the South Bay, East County, North County and Kearny Mesa areas. Learn more about the job classification details.
Qualified applicants must possess two (2) years of recent experience as a peace officer working for a Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency, one (1) year of
which must have been conducting full-time, comprehensive and complex criminal investigations, AND possess a California Basic (or higher) P.O.S.T. Certificate prior to appointment.
Attention: The job classification and job description sites found within this website indicate that the completion of a Federal Law Enforcement Academy is an employment qualifier. This has been changed and completion of a Federal Academy is no longer acceptable as a qualifier. Also, applicants must possess a P.O.S.T. certificate, either by completion of a P.O.S.T. Certified Academy or through the P.O.S.T. equivalency process, prior to being appointed as a District Attorney Investigator. Refer to California Penal Code Sections 830 and 13511.
Qualified applicants must have a valid California class C driver's license, which must be maintained throughout employment. Employees in this class may be required to use their own vehicle.
Salary and Benefits
- Pay Range: $63,190.40 PY - $72,529.60 PY (DAI-1 Step 1 to DAI-3 Step 1)
- Complete salary and job descriptions can be found here: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sdcounty/default.cfm?action=agencyspecs
- Education Bonus: 7.5% above base hourly wage rate for Advanced POST
- Retirement: 3% at 55 (3% at 50 for current sworn county employees); excellent County-paid offset program; PERS reciprocity
- Health Insurance: Health, Dental, and Vision
- Insurance: County paid basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental Insurance: Employee option for supplemental life and AD&D insurance
- Paid Leaves: 10 days vacation; 11 holidays; 2 floating holidays; 13 days sick leave
- Options: Take home County vehicle; emergency equipment; overtime; bilingual pay
- Read the DA Investigator Memorandum of Agreement
- Job applications accepted from May 2, 2011 thru May 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM
- Check for DAI job annoucement at the County of San Diego web site
- See SAMPLE DAI Application
To contact us for additional information and questions or to be added to a notification list, e-mail us at DAI Jobs.