Bureau of Investigation
District Attorney Investigator Jobs
The San Diego County District Attorney's Office is continuously seeking experienced and qualified investigators to fill the position of District Attorney Investigator and Public Assistance Investigator. San Diego County is located in beautiful Southern California and is home to magnificent beaches and family attractions. The San Diego Zoo, Sea World and excellent educational institutions are within minutes of the Pacific Ocean. The District Attorney's Office serves over three million citizens spread over 4,500 square miles.
District Attorney Investigator II is currently the entry-level class of the four-level District Attorney Investigator class series. Incumbents are sworn peace officers with law enforcement duties which include routine investigations on a wide variety of criminal and civil matters. The Bureau of Investigation is responsible for both proactive and reactive law enforcement duties. Assignments may include: pre-trial, gang, economic, insurance, public assistance, fraud investigations; family protection, child abduction, sex crimes, stalking, and special operation investigations. Investigators may be assigned to regional local, state and federal task forces such as: computer and high tech crimes, narcotics, auto theft, identity theft, violent crimes, SAFE and fraud. Investigators regularly participate in a dynamic and realistic firearms training program including applications in witness protection, executive protection, and extradition settings. Job locations include the Hall of Justice located in downtown San Diego, as well as branch offices in the South Bay, East County, North County and Kearny Mesa areas.
1. Possession of a valid and current California Regular Basic P.O.S.T. Certificate at the time of application, AND;
2. Three (3) years of recent experience as a peace officer working for a Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency, one (1) year of which must have been conducting full-time, comprehensive and complex criminal investigations
Note: No level of Specialized P.O.S.T. Certificate can be substituted for the California Regular Basic P.O.S.T. Certificate
Salary and Benefits:
- DAI-II top step annual pay: $93,129.40 (includes the 7.5 % for poss. of an Advanced P.O.S.T.)
- Education Bonus: 7.5% above base pay for possession of an Advanced P.O.S.T. Certificate
- PERS reciprocity retirement, 3% at age 55, 3% at age 50 for current county safety member
- PERS non-reciprocal retirement 2.7% at age 57
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- San Diego County Public Safety Retiree Medical Trust, 3,500 participating members
- County paid basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental Insurance: Employee option for supplemental life and AD&D insurance
- All uniforms and mandatory equipment are paid for by the District Attorney's Office
- Take-home vehicle with emergency equipment, overtime, bilingual pay at .40 cents an hour
- Paid Leaves: 10 vacation days; 11 holidays; 2 floating holidays; 13 days sick leave
- DA Investigator II job classification information
- DA Investigator Memorandum of Agreement
- Check for DA Investigator job recruitment at the County of San Diego web site
The job recruitment is currently closed but for additional information or to be notified when the job recruitment opens, please e-mail Recruiting Supervising Investigator Walter Escobar at email@example.com.