The District Attorney's office is committed to providing help and services to victims of crime who find themselves overwhelmed by their circumstances and the criminal justice system.
We can answer questions unique to crime victims such as:
- How can I face the suspect in court?
- I'm unable to work, so how can I pay the rent?
- Who will clean up the blood?
- How can I pay my medical bills?
- When is the next court proceeding on a case? See Case Information
Our victim advocates are equipped to offer emotional support, financial links and important information about how the system works. The intent of the Victim Assistance Program is to reduce the trauma and insensitivity that victims suffer following a crime. Advocates navigate victims through the legal system, directing them to agencies and organizations that offer assistance and emergency services. Our Restitution and Victim Services advocates can assist you with the following questions: